[Python-Dev] microthreading vs. async io

dustin at v.igoro.us dustin at v.igoro.us
Thu Feb 15 18:53:13 CET 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 11:47:27AM -0500, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> Is the only problem here that this style of development hasn't had been made
> visible enough?

Yep -- I looked pretty hard about two years ago, and although I haven't
been looking for that specifically since, I haven't heard anything about
it.

The API docs don't provide a good way to find things like this, and the
Twisted example tutorial didn't mention it at my last check.

So if we have an in-the-field implementation of this style of
programming (call it what you will), is it worth *standardizing* that
style so that it's the same in Twisted, my library, and anyone else's
library that cares to follow the standard?

Dustin