[Python-Dev] Old bug still unfixed? [ python-Patches-1183712 ] package_data chops off first char of default package

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Feb 23 15:37:24 CET 2007

Hi!

(I first posted this to distutils-sig but was told that distutils is a bit
neglected there, so I decided to try to push these simple patches in via
python-dev.)  Lately, a student came to me complaining about an old distutils
bug which
bit him:
  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/patches/2006-August/020642.html

The patch is quite trivial and cannot possibly break something AFAICS, so
could someone please apply it?  (Hmm, now that I write this; we are still
using python 2.4.4 here, so maybe it has been fixed in between?)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS