[Python-Dev] C decimal project.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Feb 24 08:21:14 CET 2007

Mateusz Rukowicz schrieb:
> Last holidays I was writting C decimal during summer of code 2006, I
> planned to take a breath for 1-2 months and then continue work, but
> well, things didn't go the way I planned. Now I am ready to continue
> work, I mainly plan to optimize it a little bit (top priority would be
> cut some copying) and add C api, so C decimal would eventually leave
> sandbox.
>
> My question is - am I permitted to just continue work on svn? Or there
> is something I have to do before that? Any sugestions etc. would be
> appreciated.

As long as you restrict yourself to making only those changes that
you originally wanted to make, you can keep the commit privilege as
long as you need it. It would be nice if you would let us (Neal Norwitz
or myself, or whoever manages svn accounts then) know if you find
that you won't contribute to the project anymore, but there are
many committers who have "silently" withdrawn, and that's really no
problem, either.

Regards,
Martin