[Python-Dev] 2.5.1 plans

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Jan 4 22:00:15 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 10:22:54AM -0800, Mike Klaas wrote:
> >  [ 1598181 ] subprocess.py: O(N**2) bottleneck
> >
> >I submitted the trivial fix almost two months ago, but apparently nobody
> >feels responsible...

Is Peter Astrand still actively maintaining the module?  I've been
assigning subprocess bugs to him on the theory that he'll fix them.
If he's not around, we can apply patches to subprocess.  (The problem
with subprocess in particular would be the difficulty of testing
changes that affect both Windows and POSIX code; I think relatively
few developers use both Windows and Unix.)

We should also try to make an effort to go through the tracker and
look for bug fixes and patches suitable for 2.5.1.

--amk