[Python-Dev] 2.5.1 plans

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Jan 5 17:17:40 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 01:47:13PM -0800, Neal Norwitz wrote:
> We have the buildbots to help with this.

According to http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/trunk/ we do not have
a single working XP or Cygwin buildbot right now.

> Definitely!  I only did a really quick review.  If you want someone to
> think about any of these, assign them to me with a priority of 9.
> I'll discuss with others and see if the fixes should go in to 2.5.1 or
> not.

Bug #1599254 is the most critical for me (possible data loss with
mailbox.py); I'll try to fix it for 2.5.1.  I've changed its priority
but not reassigned it.

Should the fix for bug #1552726 (interactive Python polls every 1/10
sec) be applied to 2.5.1?  It's already been applied to trunk.  The
bug was noted by an OLPC person, but I don't think this bug is really
very critical for them.  Maybe we should ask them.  I've bumped the
priority as a reminder; if we decide to not apply it to 2.5.1, the bug
can be closed.

--amk