[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Warning for 2.6 and greater

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 11 22:24:57 CET 2007

Mike Orr wrote:
[...]
> How did Perl 4 and Perl 5 handle the situation?  I basically waited
> 2-3 years after Perl 5 came out, then started programming the new way.
>  If it mattered (it didn't), I would have tied my applications
> specifically to Perl 4.

It's probably a good job you aren't holding your breath for Perl 6,
though, eh? How *do* we make it easy for the authors of significant code
bases to migrate to 3.0 *and* continue to support hte 2.X "market"?

These questions are all very important. I only wish I were serious
enough to discuss them ;-).

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden