[Python-Dev] The bytes type

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Tue Jan 16 10:25:22 CET 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 7:26 PM, Ron Adam wrote:
> For me, the thing that will make porting 2.x to 3.x code easy is to
> make python
> 3.0 as clean and organized as you can with excellent
> documentation.  Half-way
> and duel-way approaches will probably not help me as much as this.
>
> Most of the difficulty I have in converting programs is in finding the
> information I need.  The actual editing is not a problem.

Yes, the actual editing is not a problem, as long as you only need to
do it once. The problem is when you have a module/program/whatever
that you need to provide a release of for 2.5 and would also like to
provide a release of for 3.0. Then, the editing becomes a problem,
because you have to do it again for every change you make.

James