[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] buildbot failure in amd64 gentoo 2.5

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:26:30 CET 2007

Michael Hudson wrote:
> Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com> writes:

>>> Good grief. If anyone has any bright ideas about simple ways to change that
>>> form to make it less vulnerable to the spambots, I'd be happy to incorporate
>>> them into Buildbot.
>> I'd throw a CAPTCHA in. There are even some written in Python.
>
> I'd guess even the simplest thing would work:
>
> "Type "Python" into this box: ______"

Allowing a project to define a question & answer should do the trick -
essentially a password like Skip suggested, but with a reminder right
there on the page:

"Type this project's name in lowercase in this box: _____"
"Type the BDFL's first name in lowercase in this box: ____"
"Type the branch name in this box: ____"

etc.

It's easier than a normal CAPTCHA because its OK to assume a lot more
knowledge on the part of the intended audience.

Cheers,
Nick.