[Python-Dev] IDLE Functionality

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 5 23:00:57 CEST 2007

"Oodi Pilzer" <oodi at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:006d01c7be69$d961b050$ec7d8018 at D2BV8W41...
Hi, I am trying to duplicate the indenting functionality of the IDLE into
another environment used in an educational setting at MIT.  As Python is
open software, I assume I can look at the source code for the IDLE.  If
someone could kindly give me a pointer as to where I might find the source
code for this functionality, I would very much appreciate it.

After installation, .../Python2.x/Lib/idlelib/*.py are the IDLE source
files.
For indentation, I would first look in EditorWindow.py.

tjr