[Python-Dev] Fwd: [ python-Patches-1744382 ] Read Write lock

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:45:55 CEST 2007

I submitted this patch a few days ago, and unfortunately have been
busy to reply, but now it's Friday :).

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by loewis
You can respond by visiting:

The patch is unacceptable in its current form:
- it should be provided as a patch to threading.py, not as a separate
- it should have a name that follows "the convention", which seems to be
  it should have "reader" and "writer" in its name (or "rw"). See how C#
  Java do it (and other libraries you can find that provide such a
- it needs documentation
- it needs tests.

I can do the other three parts, but I am wondering, how do I write a
deterministic test unit for my patch?  How is it done with the
threading model in python in general?