[Python-Dev] Need help fixing failing Py3k Unittests in py3k-struni

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Jul 11 19:16:01 CEST 2007

I have a very remedial question about how to fix test failures due to
the side effects of string-unicode integration.

The xmlrpc library uses explicit encoding to encode XML tag payloads
to (almost always) utf8.  Tag literals are not encoded.

What would be the best way to mimic this behavior under the new
regime?  Just use unicode everywhere and encode the entire XML body
to utf-8 at the end?  Or deal explicitly in bytes everywhere?  Or..?

Remedially,

- C