[Python-Dev] Registry keys written by x64 installer

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jul 13 09:22:56 CEST 2007

> I'm afraid my knowledge of MSI is very limited, so I'm not sure where to
> start.  One thing I did notice is that msilib\__init__.py has a variable
> 'Win64' set, hard-coded to 0 - but I've no idea if it is relevant.
> Presumably it is relevant to *something*, otherwise it would not have been
> created - but its unclear when and how this should be set to 1, and if this
> should concern people trying to use bdist_msi to create x64 extension
> packages - but for now, let's just stick with the topic at hand - the
> registry keys set by the installer.
>
> Any clues?

Please take a look at msilib.set_arch_from_file. This takes an
executable file, determines the processor architecture, and then
sets both MSI type (the PID_TEMPLATE SummaryInformation field),
and the Win64 variable, which should cause all components to
become Win64 components (i.e. flag 256 being set).

Regards,
Martin