[Python-Dev] Subversion branch merging

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jul 13 12:37:54 CEST 2007

Dave Harrison writes:

 > > Unfortunately, rebasing doesn't seem to be stable yet.
 >
 > Not to diverge py-dev too far into the depths of DRCS usage, but are
 > you doing anything particularly complex ?

As of git 1.5.0.something, "git rebase --onto NEWBASE UPSTREAM" just
ignored the --onto flag AFAICT.  As I say, I may have been abusing it
to do something inappropriate.  Basically I wanted to take the tip of
BRANCH (which was experimental, but I'd accidentally done a bunch of
generic typo fixing) and graft it onto the mainline.