[Python-Dev] Registry keys written by x64 installer

Michael Urman murman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:18:48 CEST 2007

On 7/13/07, Michael Urman <murman at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's even easier then, if anything's actually wrong. I'll find some
> time this weekend to look at it and report back. Would the one at the
> following URL be the correct one to verify?
>
> http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5.1/python-2.5.1.amd64.msi
> (linked from http://www.python.org/download/)

Assuming this is the right file, the cause of the behavior Mark
reported is pretty clear. While the template summary is indeed x64,
the attributes on the registry components are all 4 instead of 256 |
4, so they are placed in the 32-bit reflected registry. I don't know
if this is desirable for some other reason.

--
Michael Urman