[Python-Dev] Subversion branch merging

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Jul 13 22:04:11 CEST 2007

On 13/07/2007 14.23, Steve Holden wrote:

>> I can't speak to how easily any of these cross over to the windows
>> platform, although none of them seem to be overly windows friendly
>> (YMMV).  But I presume this would be one of the key problems facing a
>> distributed versioning system by the python community.
>>
> We can probably assume that none of the Linux kernel team are developing
> on Windows. There is probably s a group with relevant experience
> somewhere. I'd Google for it, but I expect that the results would be
> dominated by British assertions that "you have to be a stupid git to run
> Windows".

git doesn't support Windows in a way that Windows users would find reasonable.
In fact, the only ones saying it does already support Windows are non-Windows
users.

hg has a much more mature Windows support. In fact, I didn't face any major
problems in using it under Windows (even in the details: eg, it supports
case-insensitive filesystems).

I can't speak of bzr.
--
Giovanni Bajo