[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Mar 6 07:59:53 CET 2007

On 5 Mar, 2007, at 19:58, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>     amk> Any ideas for fixing this problem?
>
> Not a one.
>
>     amk> Tangentially related:
>     amk> At PyCon, there was general agreement that exposing a read-
> only
>     amk> Bazaar/Mercurial/git/whatever version of the repository
> wouldn't be
>     amk> too much effort, and might make things easier for external
> people
>     amk> developing patches.
>
> I'm not much of a version control wonk.  How would these help?
> Can't the
> folks who need such stuff do some sort of anonymous svn checkout?

The version management systemens mentioned are distributed systems
and would allow users to have local branches, which could mak
development easier for them. They can  already do this using SVK,
which is a distributed version control system as well but uses SVN
repositories to store its data.

Ronald