[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Tue Mar 6 10:26:50 CET 2007

On 3/6/07, Neil Schemenauer <nas at arctrix.com> wrote:

> Using git-svn to track a SVN repository seems to work well.

I'm not interested in setting up GIT myself, mostly because it doesn't solve
any issues that other dvcs' don't solve, the on-disk repository is mighty
big and it doesn't work very well on non-Linux systems (at least, not last I
looked.) If you want to set it up and maintain it, though, that's fine by
me.

I would like to point out that while it takes only a few minutes to setup a
new repository and start the conversion for any of the SCM's (not just
distributed ones), that doesn't mean it's a no-brainer to set them up
'officially', and maintain them :) There's a lot more work in there, so be
prepared to spend some time to get it to work right and reliable for
everyone.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!