[Python-Dev] splitext('.cshrc')

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Mar 6 23:18:01 CET 2007

Phillip J. Eby schrieb:
> At 10:01 PM 3/6/2007 +0100, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> It's unfortunate, of course, that people apparently relied on
>> this behavior
>
> I was going to say it's the *documented* behavior, but I see that the
> documentation is actually such that it could be interpreted either way.
>
> However, since it's not documented more specifically, it seems perfectly
> reasonable to rely on the implementation's behavior to resolve the ambiguity.

Sure, it is an incompatible change, no doubt. However, incompatible
changes are "ok" for feature releases (not so fo bugfix releases).
So this being an incompatible change alone is not a reason to reject
the patch. Significant breakage in many applications might be, but
I don't expect that for this change (which is really tiny).

Regards,
Martin