[Python-Dev] splitext('.cshrc')

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Wed Mar 7 17:08:02 CET 2007

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Phillip J. Eby schrieb:
> > I consider it correct, or at the least, don't think it should be
> > changed, as it would make the behavior more difficult to reason about
> > and introduce yet another thing to worry about when writing
> > cross-version code.
>
> Now it's becoming difficult: several people in favor, some opposed...

What about changing the semantics of splitext and creating a new
function (available on all platforms) that does what the Windows version
currently does?

For people who want the one semantic on all platforms, they can pick
their semantic explicitly.

Alternatively, offer a flag argument in splitext to differentiate
between the two cases.

 - Josiah