[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 03:03:40 CET 2007

On 3/7/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> > Me, for example, has an actual question to this list: "How can I know,
> > if I change something in the doc's .tex files, that I'm not broking
> > the TeX document structure?".
>
> You don't have to know. As a general contributor, just submit your
> patch, and perhaps the reviewer will catch the error. As a submitter,
> just submit the code, and George Yoshida will catch it. It's not
> strictly necessary that the documentation actually builds all
> the time. If you want to be sure it builds, run "make html" in
> Doc.

Even better, the same machine running refleaks every 12 hours also
builds the docs.  It will complain if the docs don't build, so be
aggressive with the docs.  Any failures are sent do python-checkins.
You can also see the results from trunk here:

    http://docs.python.org/dev/
    http://docs.python.org/dev/results/

Here are the 2.5 results (only builds doc, not refleak test):
    http://docs.python.org/dev/2.5/
    http://docs.python.org/dev/2.5/results/

These pages are generated from Misc/build.sh.  As I mentioned,
build.sh runs every 12 hours.