[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Mar 10 13:58:46 CET 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 10:10:48PM -0800, Neal Norwitz wrote:
> We should probably be a lot more aggressive about closing bugs and
> patches without response.  Unfortunately many fall into this category.

This question comes up every so often, and after much discussion I
think python-dev always converges on leaving bugs open in case some
future person finds the information useful.

I hope that the Roundup tracker will let us tag such bugs with a
'waiting-for-reporter' tag, and we can then exclude such bugs when
looking for ones to fix.

--amk