[Python-Dev] Patch 1644818: Allow importing built-in submodules

Jeremy Kloth jeremy.kloth at 4suite.org
Tue Mar 13 17:59:08 CET 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 4:50:17 pm Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Does distutils support this kind of setup?

Yes, and it has since its introduction.  Just use the dotted name for the
extension name.

> IOW, I would expect that there are sooo many places where extension
> modules in packages are not supported that it is just a tiny detail
> that they don't work in builtin modules (which, as I said, only have
> top-level modules, anyway).

4Suite has many extension modules that are part of packages and never once has
there been a problem reported due to extension modules.  The thought that
extension modules cannot be in a package has never even cross my mind.  I
would have thought it a bug if they didn't, FWIW.

--
Jeremy Kloth
http://4suite.org/