[Python-Dev] Adding timeout to socket.py and httplib.py

Facundo Batista facundo at taniquetil.com.ar
Thu Mar 15 19:42:53 CET 2007

Facundo Batista wrote:

> I studied Skip patch, and I think he is in good direction: add a
> NetworkConnection object to socket.py, and then use it from the other
> modules.

As of discussion in the patch tracker, this class is now a function in

This function connect() does the connection to an address, and can
receive, optionally, a timeout.

> I opened a new patch (#1676823) with the changes I propose regarding
> socket.py, because the goal from the two patches are different (my plan

The timeout.diff in this patch was updated to reflect these changes.

If nobody raises objections, I'll commit these changes.

.   Facundo
PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/