[Python-Dev] Adding timeout to socket.py and httplib.py

Facundo Batista facundo at taniquetil.com.ar
Thu Mar 15 19:42:53 CET 2007

Facundo Batista wrote:

> I studied Skip patch, and I think he is in good direction: add a
> NetworkConnection object to socket.py, and then use it from the other
> modules.

As of discussion in the patch tracker, this class is now a function in
socket.py.

This function connect() does the connection to an address, and can
receive, optionally, a timeout.

> I opened a new patch (#1676823) with the changes I propose regarding
> socket.py, because the goal from the two patches are different (my plan

The timeout.diff in this patch was updated to reflect these changes.

If nobody raises objections, I'll commit these changes.

Regards,

--
.   Facundo
.