[Python-Dev] Proposal to revert r54204 (splitext change)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Mar 16 06:47:23 CET 2007

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote in message
news:5.1.1.6.0.20070315200047.028365a0 at sparrow.telecommunity.com...

As to the usefulness of current behavior, the only supposed use-case code
posted, that I have noticed, was that it made it easy to turn '.emacs' into
'1.emacs', but then MK said the app does not really do that.

As for comparison with changing 'self'...

| (And if you think that this isn't a fair comparison,

I think it is a ludicrous comparison, not even in the same ballpark, that
tends to discredit the valid points you have made.

| it's because you're
| not looking at it from the POV of those who like the current splitext()
| behavior.)

I get annoyed when people tell me why I think the way I do, especially when
they are so badly mistaken.

Terry Jan Reedy