[Python-Dev] Proposal to revert r54204 (splitext change)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Mar 17 11:13:51 CET 2007

Patrick Maupin wrote:
> On 3/16/07, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
[...]
>> Then I can stop wasting everyone's time. Even though I am no fonder of
>> code breakage than I was.
>
> Fortunately, for new code (at least for this particular change!), you
> don't have to worry about breakage.  I'm sure this discussion has been
> so indelibly etched into your brain that you won't forget to check
> your filename management functions very carefully.
>
> Sorry, were you being sarcastic?  I didn't realize that.  Or am I
> prevaricating again?

I don't know whether you are prevaricating again, but I can definitely
confirm I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't think sarcasm helps in a
discussion like this. I was just apologizing to the group for a rat hole
I drew the thread down briefly before someone (Martin, I think) pointed
out the incompleteness/incorrectness of my reply.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden