[Python-Dev] Fwd: Re: Py2.5.1 release schedule

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:55:43 CET 2007

On 3/21/07, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:
> [Raymond]
> >> What are the current thoughts on when Py2.5.1 will go out?
> >> Do we need a bug-day beforehand?
>
> [AMK]
> >A bug day would be a great idea!  I have a mailbox bug that'd
> >greatly benefit from discussion about how to fix the problem.
>
> How about Sunday, April 1st?

Is that a joke? ;-)

The schedule hasn't changed from my March 7th msg:

 2.5.1c1 - Tuesday, April 3
 2.5.1  -    Thursday April 12 (assuming a c2 is not necessary)

My only concern is that 2.5.1 needs to get more stable not less.  As
long as people are very careful with what's put into 2.5.1 and the
buildbots are respected, I think this would be great.

I have not received any bug reports through SF or private mail that
should block the release.  Anthony didn't know of any either.  I still
have a backlog of mail to go through, but we are in pretty good shape
right now.  If someone knows of any issues, please let me know.