[Python-Dev] Fwd: RFC - GoogleSOC proposal -cleanupurllib

Senthil orsenthil at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 26 20:00:00 CEST 2007

On 3/25/07, Mike Brown <mike at skew.org> wrote:
> From your proposal:
>
> > 2) In all modules, Follow the new RFC 2396 in favour of RFC 1738 and RFC 1808.
>
> The "new" RFC 2396 was superseded by STD 66 (RFC 3986) two years ago. Your
> failure to notice this development doesn't bode well :) j/k, although it does
> undermine confidence somewhat.

I apologize, Mike. I over-looked it and perhaps did not do sufficient
research on the RFCs.
I read through the RFC3986 and RFC3987, and have changed the proposal
on changes urllib to be compliant with these current RFCs.

> In any case, I have a few suggestions:

Thank you for your suggestions. I went through your discussions on
urllib utf issues and I think a careful study and discussions with
people is much neccessary before any implementation thought.
4Suite.org references to RFC3986 comtible methods are helpful.

With the comments incorporated, I have submited the proposal:
http://puggy.symonds.net/~senthil/summer_code_urllib.txt

Thanks,

O.R.Senthil Kumaran

http://phoe6.livejournal.com