[Python-Dev] SoC proposal: multimedia library

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Mar 27 01:09:41 CEST 2007

Pete Shinners wrote:

> Will your image objects be transferrable to PIL, Pygame, PyOpengl, Numpy,
> Pythonmagick, Pycairo, wxPython, etc? It would be best if this could avoid the
> "fromstring/tostring" mojo that always requires and extra copy of the data for
> each transfer.

This would be an excellent test case for the enhanced
buffer protocol that's currently being worked on.

I wouldn't worry about this too much initially, though.
Just get some kind of library-independent image/sound
object working, and a buffer interface can be added
later once the details are worked out.

--
Greg