[Python-Dev] Standard Image and Sound classes (was: SoC proposal: multimedia library)

Lino Mastrodomenico l.mastrodomenico at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:39:20 CEST 2007

2007/3/27, Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au>:
> On Tuesday 27 March 2007 11:03, Lino Mastrodomenico wrote:
> > I agree. I withdrew my original "multimedia library" idea and
> > submitted a proposal for the creation of two standard Image and
> > Sound classes.
>
> Ideally you'd hook this into the standard library's existing sound
> file handling modules.

Yes, in my SoC application I listed the following stdlib modules (for
both sound and images): Tkinter, Tix, wave, ossaudiodev, winsound,
aifc, audioop, sunau, sunaudiodev and imageop.

There are also a few Mac modules that can probably use the new
classes: videoreader, PixMapWrapper and some Carbon modules.

IRIX goodness: al, imgfile, jpeg and gl, but I can't test these. BTW,
will they be still here in Python 3.0?

--
Lino Mastrodomenico
E-mail: l.mastrodomenico at gmail.com