[Python-Dev] proposed which.py replacement

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Mar 31 22:39:37 CEST 2007

If you ask me, having it hosted by Trent is probably more helpful for
its popularity than putting it in the Python source distro; the Tools
directory is mostly a poorly-maintained collection of trivia I wrote
many years ago that is now quietly gathering dust.

(Not all of it, of course; there's some useful stuff there that I
*didn't* write, which ended up there because it is either *used* by
the distro (e.g. the compiler package support) or because the author
needed a channel that guaranteed open source status (e.g. world and
pynche). But Trent's which.py doesn't seem to fall in either
category.)

--Guido