[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue May 15 08:32:06 CEST 2007

"Andrew McNamara" <andrewm at object-craft.com.au> wrote in message
news:20070515034743.2030F5CC4B5 at longblack.object-craft.com.au...
| I'm reluctant to mention the name of one particular tool I'm aware
| of, but as well as the above, it also has OCR to defeat CAPTCHA, and

How about asking a Python specific question, with answered filled in rather
that multiple choice selected:  I would be willing to make up a bunch.

The initials of Python's founder.  ____
The keyword for looping by condition. ____
The char that signals a name-binding statement. ____
(I am intentionally avoiding question words and ? that would signal Test
Question to automated software.)

If we anticipate users rather than programmers to register (as if so, it
would be nice to collect that info to formulate sensible responses), then
questions like
The orb that shines in the sky during the day. ____

| automatically creates throw-away e-mail accounts with a range of free
| web-mail providers for registration purposes.

Either don't  accept registrations from such accounts (as other sites have
done), or require extra verification steps or require approval of the first
post.  How many current legitimate registered users use such?

Terry Jan Reedy