[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed May 16 12:09:52 CEST 2007

Aaron Brady writes:

 > > ISTM you need one only question requiring human attention at a time,
 > > because once a spammer assigns a human (or inhuman of equivalent
 > > intelligence) to cracking you, you're toast.
 >
 > I can't believe this is still profitable.  It's either lucrative or
 > fulfilling, and malice, if the latter.

That's precisely my point.  I don't think it is profitable, and
therefore at a reasonable expense to us (one of us makes up a question
every couple of days) we can make the tracker an unprofitable target
for spammers, and probably avoid most spam.

There's ample evidence of malicious behavior by spammers who feel
threatened or thwarted, though.