[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu May 17 07:00:02 CEST 2007

>Typically spammers don't go through the effort to do a custom login
>script for each different site. Instead, they do a custom login script
>for each of the various software applications that support end-user
>comments. So for example, there's a script for WordPress, and one for
>PHPNuke, and so on.

In my experience, what you say is true - the bulk of the spam comes via
generic spamming software that has been hard-coded to work with a finite
number of applications.

However - once you knock these out, there is still a steady stream of
what are clearly human generated spams. The mind boggles at the economics
or desperation that make this worthwhile.

http://www.object-craft.com.au/