[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu May 17 12:15:01 CEST 2007

Talin wrote:
> Here's a simple method: Put up a free porn site, with a front page that
> says "you must be 18 or older to enter". The page also has a captcha to
> verify that you are a real person. But here's the trick: The captcha is
> actually a proxy to some other site that the spammer is trying to get
> access to.

The "python-related question" technique would probably be
somewhat resistant to this, as your average porn surfer
probably doesn't know anything about Python. (At least
until CP4E takes off and everyone knows Python...)

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |