[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Thu May 17 17:04:46 CEST 2007

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 22:17 -0700, Talin wrote:
>> Here's a simple method: Put up a free porn site [...]
>
> Is it known that someone actually implemented this?

I moderate a discussion forum which was abused with this exact attack.
At the time, it was a phpBB forum which had the standard graphical
captcha. After switching to a different forum package, the attacks went
away. I will assume because (as it has been said) it was no longer a
well-known and common interface.

However, it may also be because instead of using a graphic (which is
easily transplanted to another page), it uses ascii art which would
require more effort to extract and move to another page.

-Scott

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com