[Python-Dev] Adventures with x64, VS7 and VS8 on Windows

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Sat May 26 14:20:59 CEST 2007

Development tools used on windows already have to cope with this.
Spaces are not going away, so why not bite the bullet and deal
with them?  Moving forward sometimes means crossing rivers.

As for Vista issues, I'll gather more data before making any more
claims, but I think that it is important that we play by the rules
here.
Just imagine the a school teacher who in good faith wants to introduce
his pupils to the wonderful programming language of Python, but
when he installs it, all kinds of scary looking warnings drive him off.
Vista is, like it or not, going to be very prevalent.  If we want python
to be easily accessible to the masses, we mustn't take an elitist
attitude or else risk scaring people off.

Finally, to add a (mis)quote from Mr. Gorbachev:
"Wer zu spät kommt, den bestraft das Leben"

Kristján