[Python-Dev] Build problems with sqlite on OSX

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue May 29 06:34:05 CEST 2007

Darrin Thompson schrieb:
> First of all 1000 apologies if this is the wrong list. Please redirect
> me if necessary.

The list is right, but the question is slightly wrong:

> Can someone advise as to the correct configure arguments for sqlite or
> something else I might be missing?

The question for python-dev is "how can I debug that further, and where
should I submit a patch" :-)

> (gdb) info threads
> * 1 process 18968 local thread 0x1003  0x900e41d1 in strtol_l ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x900e41d1 in strtol_l ()
> #1  0x900160a5 in atoi ()
> #2  0x9406fd80 in sqlite3InitCallback ()

Can you figure out what parameter is being passed to atoi() here?
Go up (u) a few stack frames, list (l) the source, and print (p)
the variables being passed to atoi(). I'm puzzled that it doesn't
display source code information - so one possible cause is that
you pick up the wrong sqlite3InitCallback (i.e. the one that
came with OSX, instead of the one you built yourself).

Regards,
Martin