[Python-Dev] Adventures with x64, VS7 and VS8 on Windows

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Tue May 29 15:29:58 CEST 2007

I'm not saying that it is a bug, but since this is python-dev, I am
discussing it as a desirable "feature".

One feature that is easily addable and will certainly make installing
python on vista nicer, is to add authenticode signing to the install.
Currently the user is faced with a very nasty and off-putting message
about an unidentified program requesting access to his computer.

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172338.aspx .
I think the PSF should be able to obtain a certificate from MS.

cheers,
Kristján