[Python-Dev] removing use of mimetools, multifile, and rfc822

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu May 31 22:09:32 CEST 2007

I just finished going through PEP 4 and adding DeprecationWarnings in
2.6for the various modules that were lacking the warning for some
reason or
another ...

... except for mimetools, multifile, and rfc822.  All three modules are
still used by some other module somewhere in the stdlib.  The docs say to
use the email package to replace these three, but there is no one-to-one
mapping.  And as I never use any of these three modules, email, or the
modules still using the three in question I don't know how to go about
ripping them out.

In other words this email is to hopefully inspire someone to remove the uses
of rfc822, mimetools, and multifile from the stdlib so the
DeprecationWarnings can finally go in.

-Brett