[Python-Dev] Request for inclusion in 2.5.2 (5-for-1)

Mike Klaas mike.klaas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 19:07:53 CET 2007

On 2-Nov-07, at 6:57 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Since people are already jumping on those bugs but nobody has voiced
> an opinion on your own patch, let me say that I think it's a good
> patch, and I want it in 2.6, but I'm reluctant to add it to 2.5.2 as
> it goes well beyond a bugfix (adding a new C API and all that).

Thanks for looking at it!

Is there a better way of exposing some c-helper code for a stdlib
module written in python?  It seems that the canonical pattern is to
write a separate extension module called _<modulename> and import the
functionality from there, but that seemed like a significantly more
invasive patch.

Might it help to tack on the helper function in posix only, deleting
it from the os namespace?

Thanks again,
-Mike