[Python-Dev] Should we do away with unbound methods in Py3k?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Nov 23 08:41:10 CET 2007

"Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote in message
news:ca471dc20711222019m19adf0aaic905793c08afd3b2 at mail.gmail.com...
|Do we need a PEP?

In my view, no.  And I am a fan of PEPs.  I personally saw unbound method
wrapping as more of a CPython implementation detail than an essential part
of the language definition.  This in spite of its mention in the reference
manual.

In the index, 'method object' has 3 links.  I believe all three areas will
need at least a word or two changed.

If this is a 3.0 change, then it should be listed in the general PEP with a
reference to the thread.  Otherwise, What's New.

tjr