[Python-Dev] 1324 bugs in the tracker

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 16:45:11 CET 2007

2007/11/23, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de>:

> The Python bug tracker contains more than 1,300 bugs and it's growing.
> And growing ... and growing. I'm picking a bug once in a while or
> tossing some invalid bugs away but it's a helpless cause. The bugs are
> augmenting with anybody stopping them.

Yes.

I even created a web page to facilitate the view of how much each bug
is considered, and I normally use it to take a random pick:

    http://www.taniquetil.com.ar/facundo/py_tickets.html

> won't need developer access to the svn. Instead their task is cleaning
> up the tracker, categorizing bugs and checking patches. The tracker sure
> contains a lot of outdated junk and already fixed bugs.

One way to do this is to create a monthly (or each two months) a bug
day. This way we can invite people that starts working on this (and
with luck they'll continue with it).

Regards,

--
.    Facundo