[Python-Dev] Build Notes for building trunk with Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 17:11:40 CET 2007

On 23/11/2007, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:
> Why are you building the projects step by step? "Build solution" or F6
> builds everything in the right order.

Because I'm clueless :-)

I knew there must be a way of building the lot, but couldn't find it -
I haven't used Visual Studio since the days of VC6, and what little I
did know, I've forgotten :-)

Thanks for the tip.

> You can alter the user macros from the Property Manager. It's a bit
> hidden in the GUI under View -> Other Windows -> Property Manager. In
> the property manager pick a random project and configuration and edit
> the pyproject property file. Almost every project inherits settings
> directly or indirectly from pyproject. The macros are under "User Macros".
> You have to safe the property file all by yourself. My Beta 2 doesn't
> save the property file with "Save All".

Thanks again for the tip :-)

> You still need Perl if you are using an official download of openssl.
> I've added the pre-build assembly and makefiles in the svn external at
> svn.python.org

I don't think I did... I'm pretty sure I used the ones from
openssl.org. But it's no big deal. Whatever I did seemed to work.

Paul.