[Python-Dev] .pyc location?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 23 18:32:20 CET 2007

    Nick> As I recall, the PEP was withdrawn because Skip didn't have the
    Nick> time and/or level of interest needed to champion it any more, and
    Nick> nobody else was interested in taking on the task.

Correct.  I only implemented what I did because it seemed like an
interesting concept arising out of a discussion on c.l.py.  I personally
have never encountered the problems it tries to address so the fact that it
remains unaccepted is not a problem for me.  It would be better if PEP 304
scratched an itch for its champion.

Skip