[Python-Dev] ssl module integration with asyncore

Giampaolo Rodola' gnewsg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 01:06:06 CET 2007

On 26 Nov, 19:23, Bill Janssen <jans... at parc.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > since ssl module is still in development I thought it would have been
> > better asking such question here instead of on comp.lang.python.
> > I'm interested in using the ssl module with asyncore but since there's
> > no real documentation about it yet I've been not able to write
> > something useful with it.
>
> http://docs.python.org/dev/library/ssl.html-- it's not quite up-to-date,
> but close.
>
> > Currently I'm trying to add the SSL support to an asyncore-based FTP
> > server I wrote.
> > I tried to write some code by watching the ssl-related test-suite
> > scripts with no luck since there are no available tests for asyncore
> > available.
>
> Take a look at the SSL 1.12 test suite -- there's an asyncore-based
> server in there.

I downloaded this one:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ssl/1.12
...which seems to contain the same test-suite used in the current
Python 2.6 distribution available here:
http://svn.python.org/snapshots/
I looked into test/test_ssl.py but I didn't find any test referencing
to the asyncore module.
I see a class named "AsyncoreHTTPSServer" but it does not use the
asyncore or asynchat modules.

Or maybe... am I'm looking in the wrong place?