[Python-Dev] ssl module integration with asyncore

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Nov 29 17:23:49 CET 2007

> No, the SSL code should NOT be allowed to block anything in any case,
> even though the handshake is still not completed, in which case just
> retry it at a later time.

That's why there's "do_handshake_on_connect" in the first place.  I'm
just talking about what the SSL module should do if you don't use it
when you call wrap_socket().  If you do use it, driving the handshake
to completion is up to your code, and you can use select, poll, and/or
handle_read_event() or handle_write_event() as you see fit.

I think we're talking past each other here.  Using asyncore (as you
know) is not simple; I believe I've outlined how to use it
successfully and properly with the SSL module.

Bill