[Python-Dev] New lines, carriage returns, and Windows

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Oct 1 02:48:02 CEST 2007

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> I've been thinking about this some more (in lieu of actually writing up any
> sort of proposal ;-) and I'm not so sure it would be all that useful.

Yes, despite being the one who suggested it, I've come to
the same conclusion myself. The problem should really be
addressed at the source, which is the Python/.NET boundary.
Anything else would just lead to ambiguity.

So I'm voting -1 on my own proposal here.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |