[Python-Dev] MacOSX -framework options and distutils weirdness

Graham Horler graham.horler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 14:16:19 CEST 2007

I would be inclined to move gcc to gcc-real (for example), and create a script
called gcc which dumps all environment variables, and command-line arguments
and a time-stamp to /tmp/gcc.<PID>, e.g.:

#!/bin/sh
FN=/tmp/gcc.$$
echo -n "date=" > $FN
date '+%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S.%N' >> $FN
echo -n "cmdline=" >> $FN
echo $0 $@ >> $FN
set >> $FN
gcc-real "$@"
echo "exitcode=$?" >> $FN

(I don't know if any of this will be different on OSX, I'm using Linux.)
Then run the command manually, and compare the dump files.
Here's hoping this helps,
Graham