[Python-Dev] Explicit Tail Calls

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Oct 12 21:26:43 CEST 2007

Adam Olsen wrote:
> Since they're not going to be accepted into python anyway, the
> implementation is off-topic for python-dev.  Please take them up
> elsewhere (such as my offer to discuss in private.)

I was aware of Guido's earlier rejections, but I figured the rejection
was due to the risky implicit optimization proposed by others.  Perhaps
the objection is deeper than that; I suspect Guido specifically objects
to excessive use of recursion.  Anyway, I've posted a recipe:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/534104

Shane