[Python-Dev] frozenset C API?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Sep 5 04:58:11 CEST 2007

> In any case, it certainly sounds to me as if there can be multiple
> instances of AttributeTypeAndValue with the same "type" field in a
> single Name.  So I'll represent them as tuples, which will preserve
> the order in which they occur in the certificate, and make the value
> immutable.  Applications which need them as sets can create their
> own frozensets from that tuple.

Here's an example of the new format:

  {'issuer': (('countryName', u'US'),
              ('organizationName', u'VeriSign, Inc.'),
              ('organizationalUnitName', u'VeriSign Trust Network'),
               u'Terms of use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)06'),
               u'VeriSign Class 3 Extended Validation SSL SGC CA')),
   'notAfter': 'May  8 23:59:59 2009 GMT',
   'notBefore': 'May  9 00:00:00 2007 GMT',
   'subject': (('serialNumber', u'2497886'),
               ('', u'US'),
               ('', u'Delaware'),
               ('countryName', u'US'),
               ('postalCode', u'94043'),
               ('stateOrProvinceName', u'California'),
               ('localityName', u'Mountain View'),
               ('streetAddress', u'487 East Middlefield Road'),
               ('organizationName', u'VeriSign, Inc.'),
               ('organizationalUnitName', u'Production Security Services'),
                u'Terms of use at www.verisign.com/rpa (c)06'),
               ('commonName', u'www.verisign.com')),
   'version': 2}